"Library Services for Genealogists"
"Where do I go from here?" It’s a question frequently asked by family historians when a roadblock, crossroad or dead end hiccups their genealogical research. Often overlooked by genealogists, this presentation introduces basic genealogy resources found at libraries. Learn how to navigate local and overseas library catalogues, discover print sources, take a virtual tour of a library’s electronic genealogical tools, and find out about other services public libraries can offer the genealogist.
What you will learn
- About getting prepared
- How to familiarize yourself with library catalogues
- What an interlibrary loan is
- What bibliographic information is
- Discover pathfinders and other remarkable finding-aids
- How to contact a librarian across the nation or internationally
What you take home
A wealth of knowledge from an experienced library professional and researcher! Lyn's email, should you have any follow-up questions and an information package filled with new resources for your next research challenge.